Fritters – whether banana or saltfish, this is something Jamaican households tend to love. Aaah… Fritters.
Banana fritters is pazham pori in Malayalam, is made across kerala as a snack at home with tea. It’s our tea time snack. This is made using plantain or “Nendrapazham” which is highly nutritious and good source of potassium and vitamins A & C.
As any fritters banana fritters also made by dipping the plantain slices in sweetened flour and then deep fried or shallow fried in oil or butter.
Banana Fritters / Pazham Pori Recipe
- 3 Ripened Banana /Nendrapazham
- ¾ cup Plain Flour/Maida
- 3 tbsp. Rice flour
- A Pinch of Turmeric powder (to give the colour)
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- A pinch Salt
- ¾ cup water
- Oil for frying
- Peel the skin of banana and cut into two equal from center.
- Take one potion and cut into 3 slices lengthwise.
- So from one banana 6 slices are made. Slice other banana same way and keep it aside.
View original post 95 more words